Placed in the capital of Iceland, spana-606-6">Hotel.is/">Arctic Comfort spana-606-6">Hotel and spana-606-6">Hotelcabin.is/en/">spana-606-6">Hotel Cabin invite holidaymakers amid clouds of cosmopolitan culture and scenes of frosty awe, encompassing nature’s most dramatic processes, from black volcanic plains to white, hulking glaciers and hot-spouting geysers.
- Rooms decorated in bright colour schemes and fitted with TVs, complimentary Internet access and en suite facilities
- Restaurant, bar and salad bar at spana-606-6">Hotel Cabin
- Breakfast room, lounge and bar at Arctic Comfort spana-606-6">Hotel
- Check-in from 2pm; check-out by 11am (Arctic Comfort spana-606-6">Hotel). Check-in from 3pm; check-out by 11am (spana-606-6">Hotel Cabin)
- Pets not allowed
Groupon’s Guide To Reykjavik
One of the safest and cleanest cities of modern times, Reykjavik is located on the south-western coast of Iceland and it is also the world’s northernmost capital city.
With more than 100 pubs and clubs, many of them found on Laugavegur Street, a wide choice of beers, Iceland’s drink of choice since 1989, are available for sampling. An iconic landmark of the city, the looming Hallgrimspana-50-6">skirkja Church offers visitors panoramic views of the city. Standing 15 metres high and weighing 25 tons, the church’s pipe organ is one of its key features, while the statue of Leifur Eiriksson, the first European to discover America, guards the entrance. The capital’s name translates to ‘Smoky Bay’, after the columns of steam that rise from the hot springs, which can still be visited today.
The Northern Lights Mystery Tour
Visitors are invited to take part in a unique experience which happens during the night in the Northern Hemisphere. A scenic colour spectrum will appear on the sky in the form of the Northern Lights encompassing different shapes, proportions and patterns. This event is visible on clear nights from September to April, so the tour may be cancelled if the weather conditions are not appropriate. A decision is taken daily whether the tour will take place or not. The tour is expected to last three to five hours.
- Please note: sightings are not guaranteed even if the tour is operated. In these cases customers are offered a second tour free of charge.
- Please note: customers who join the Northern Lights Mystery tour on 31 December may miss the fireworks in Reykjavik. The Northern Lights tour is a 3 to 5 hour tour and we cannot guarantee that we will be back in Reykjavik before midnight. Guests who do not want to miss the fireworks should not book this tour for 31 December!
- Meeting/ pick-up point: bus terminal at Laekjartorg, Hafnarstraeti 20, in Reykjavik centre. Customers must be at the meeting point 30 min before the departure of the tour. If customers want to be picked up at the spana-606-6">Hotel (in Reykjavik only) they must call 24 hours before in order to reconfirm pick up time.
- Duration: 3 to 5 hours.
- Start/opening time: available from 14 Sep to 31 Mar daily at 8pm, and from 1 to 15 Apr daily at 9pm.
- Languages: English.
- Included: transport, assistance or guided tour.
Winter Whale Watching Tour
This tour provides visitors with the opportunity to enjoy a boat ride in search of whales swimming close to the Icelandic coastline. Some of the whale types that can be spotted include white-beaked dolphins, harbour porpoises, humpback whales, and the killer whales or orcas. Seeing all the species is not guaranteed, but the crew on board will do their best to ensure a unique journey.
- Meeting/pick-up point: pick-up from accommodation between 12.15pm and 12.45pm. Customers must call 24 hours before departure in order to confirm the pick-up time. Guests must be at the meeting point 15 min before the start of the tour. In March pick-up at 8.15-8.45am also available.
- Duration: 3 to 5 hours.
- Languages: Guided tour in English with other languages such as German, spanish and French available on request.
- Included: transport, assistance or guided tour
Golden Circle Tour
This tour starts with a visit to the geothermal area of Nesjavellir, and continues with a stop at Þingvellir National Park gazing across a mountainous setting adorned with vivid vegetation. Highlights include a stopover at the tumbling Gullfoss waterfall, followed by a lunch break at Gullfoss Cafe or at the local Information Centre. Spouting geysers such as Geysir and Strokkur may be admired, as well as a place of worship, namely the Skálholt church. Further on, the trip continues with sightseers heading to Hveragerði, a horticultural village.
- Meeting/ Pick up point: bus terminal at Laekjartorg, Hafnarstraeti 20, in Reykjavik centre. Customers must be at the meeting point 30 min before the departure of the tour. If customers want to be picked up at the spana-606-6">Hotel (in Reykjavik only) they must call 24 hours before in order to reconfirm pick up time.
- Duration: eight and a half hours.
- Start or opening time: 8.30am.
- End or closing time: 5pm.
- Languages: Scandinavian and English. Friday departures are guided in English and Scandinavian all year round.
- Due to weather and road conditions, visits to Nesjavellir in the winter season cannot be guaranteed.
- Included: assistance or guided tour.
1. When will I receive a confirmation email?
You will receive a booking confirmation within 48 hours from the time you make the booking with Weekender Breaks.
2. How do I find out if my preferred travel dates are available?
All dates are subject to availability. The dates available are listed on each option or alternatively you can call the agent to check, if you have specific dates in mind.
3. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
Weekender Breaks will do everything to ensure that you will get your preferred travel dates. If specific travel dates are not available anymore, the agent will propose alternative departure dates within the same validity period you purchased.
4. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The departure airports included will be advised at the time of booking based on availability. The supplemental fee to depart from a specific airport that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
5. Do I have to buy 2 vouchers if I am travelling alone?
You can just buy 1 voucher and pay the single supplement to Weekender Breaks at the time of booking.
6. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Children 2 years old and over will need a Groupon for travel. Children under 12 may be eligible for a discount. Contact Weekender Breaks at the time of booking.
For more on Tour Operator partners, see the FAQ.